Monday, November 24, 2008


So, you all know that our dog Gidget is a spaz! We love her though and have a lot of fun taking pictures of her odd behaviors. Cole took this fabulous photo of our Top Model pup and we had to post it. Last week one of my professors gave our class an assignment to write a children's story. I thought Gidget would be a fun topic. This odd little tidbit just came to me and I'm sure everyone sitting around the study table on campus thought I was going senile! But, I don't know, I just get giddy sometimes!


It’s a Dog’s Life
Hi! My name is Gidget. I live at the Statham's house in Clearwater, Connecticut.
Everyone is always telling me how they would looovve the life of a dog.
I’m sorry to clue you in . . . but it is not all what you think.
Sure I have a family. I get fed, petted, and I can lie around as much as I want.
However, that is on a good day!
Day to day its dog eat dog. No. Really! It is survival of the fittest for me!
Most days I am begging for someone to feed me. Just a little food and water in the bowl PLEASE!
Really, you won’t find me on the table licking plates and tipping cups if there is food in my bowl!
Also, I don’t like doing “my business” on the carpet or in the laundry room on dirty clothes. It is really embarrassing.
When I nose you on the leg, honestly, it is not for a pat on the head! I have got to go! Mother Nature is calling and I can’t hold it for long; open the door!
After all I’m just a little pup!
Last but not least . . . and this is no laughing matter . . . really now I am serious!
I get so b o r e d!!!
Now, I love you; you know I do but I can’t help it . . .
The only reason I destroy your socks and under wear,
The only reason I climb in your bed and snuggle in your blankets,
The only reason I hide your toys is because . . .
I miss you
So, get up, get a clue, my bad behavior isn’t me, It’s you!!!

3 comments:

katie(: said...

AH! Tiff that was SO funny!!!!! Oh my gosh I'm laughing so hard right now!!!! hahahahahaha oh i love ya tiff!

Eric-N-Nikki said...

ha ha ha..... that is so true! I love your story, it is so clever. You really know how to get in the mind of your dog. ha ha... OH Gidget what a cutie!

Cole said...

Strange how we don't live in clearwater Connecticut